Monday, April 16, 2007

Bird 56


Bird 56
Gender: Unknown
Birth date: Unknown (from older group)
Preferred Partner: Unknown

Bird 56 is a part of the Second-Order study. My favorite thing about Bird 56 is that he dives into the pitcher to get weighed. He is in one of the top cages that opens from the bottom and so I place the pitcher at the 'door' and he flies in so fast I wonder how he doesn't bonk his beak on the bottom of the pitcher.

He can be a little slow to catch on to things, but he eventually figures it out, so could be a nice challenge for a brave student.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica, I think this is great! Very nice summary of the lab work we are doing. Keep up the good work! Take care
Bill Potter

Who - 21 White Carneau/King Hubbard Pigeons said...

Thanks for posting the first comment for the site! I hope this will catch on especially with the EAB lab students, but I also hope thesis students will add to it - perhaps you and Dr. Hesse could encourage it in proposals and defenses?