Thursday, April 5, 2007

Bird 64















This is bird 64. I don't have a lot of intimate knowledge about her, but I got this really cute picture of her just hanging out in one of the old cages. It's a little difficult to tell from the angle, but the door is open and she can easily get in and out. (She looks like she is caught escaping from the same cage in the picture below.)

Here is what I know about her:
Bird: 64
Gender: Female
Birth date: Unknown (she is from the newer group)
Preferred partner: Bird 58

I do know that she just had an unsuccessful attempt at hatching two eggs. Both eggs cracked but she continued to sit on them for several more days. I don't want the lab to be overrun with new hatchlings, but I sort of hope she can produce a successful offspring with 58 because they are from different flocks. I hear the older birds were becoming very inbred.

Update! Birds 64 and 58 have successfully hatched two little pigeons! Birds 55 and 65 were born in May 2007.

No comments: